You’re invited to join us for our 2018 Florida Disaster Recovery Boot Camps. These events will feature training and orientation that is required for anyone who wants to work with us as an independent contractor during disaster recovery events and/or routine deployments. This includes those who are currently signed up to deploy and also those who wish to deploy with us in the future. The Cat5 Resources Disaster Recovery Bootcamp will feature training on generator deployments, fueling, mechanics, and more.
If you’re interested in attending this event, please see the Independent Contractor requirements below and pre-register here. You MUST bring the required documents listed below to qualify. The boot camp will be held in an air-conditioned facility however some parts of training may be held outside.
- Delivering fuel to customer sites
- Deploying generators to customer sites
- Starting generators when needed
- Troubleshooting minor generator issues
- Reporting required information into the command center(s)
- Special projects as needed
- Possess basic electrical and/or mechanical knowledge
- Must own a smart device (smartphone, laptop, and/or tablet)
- Must own a reliable 1/2 ton (or larger) four wheel drive truck (Diesel preferred) if you wish to fuel or deploy generators
- Must have a flexible schedule, independent contractors are deployed on an as needed basis for disaster recovery jobs. However, lack of availability does not disqualify you from future deployments
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and vehicle insurance (Copy of insurance and coverage with limits and liabilities must be provided to Cat5 Resources)
- To speed up the onboarding process, please bring a voided check or direct deposit authorization from your bank or financial institution. Also, be sure to bring copies of any relevant certifications or licenses including hazmat, DOT, etc.
Florida Boot Camp Dates & Locations
1500 Park Center Drive, Orlando, Florida 32835 Tuesday, August 28. 2018 – 3 PM & 5 PM
2280 Aaron St, Port Charlotte, FL 33952 Thursday, August 30, 2018 – 3 PM & 5 PM